Table of Contents
- What does SEO mean in real estate?
- Who is a real estate SEO expert?
- How to become an expert in real estate SEO
- Your site needs a mobile version
- Optimize the website for local searches
- Create quality content
- Use keywords
- Create a page for each property listing
- Create engagement using photos and videos
- Use social media to your favor
- Analyze traffic to understand your clients
- Attract backlinks from authoritative portals
- Ways to improve real estate search engine traction to your listings.
- Why hire us?
As a real estate SEO expert, you must understand that the digital marketing space is ever-evolving and advancing with new techniques and insights day in, day out.
If you don’t scale up your game you may become obsolete, old-fashioned and irrelevant without even knowing.
Several studies have shown that over 86% of home buyers considered real estate websites as being helpful when trying to purchase properties or homes.
Now the question is – Are you featured on these lists of websites?
If you don’t find a way to make yourself visible to your prospective buyers, you might struggle to make sales for a very long time.
The most amazing part is largely how many acclaimed real estate SEO experts still find themselves struggling for the first page in search engine results.
Just about every realtor owns a website. But with a good knowledge of SEO, it seems only a few top real estate SEO services are getting all the leads.
This article will provide you with real estate SEO tips that will help you identify your blunders and serve as a motivation to game up on your realtor SEO techniques.
- What does SEO mean in real estate?
- Who is a real estate SEO expert?
- How to become an expert in real estate SEO
- Ways to improve Real Estate search engine traction to your listings.
What does SEO mean in real estate?
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is still a technique not well known by some companies that deal with real estate and some other niches.
Do you know what SEO is and how it works?
When searching for a phrase or word on Google, search results appear and we usually click on the first links that appear on the search page.
These sites that we see in the top positions are likely to offer the content we want, but in addition to the quality, it can be optimized for users’ searches.
This is called SEO - or Search Engine Optimization.
It’s simply a way to:
- Position yourself so clients who intend to buy or sell a property can find you easily.
- Build trust with your prospective clients through content marketing and other digital marketing strategies.
- Feature on the Google search engine result pages for buyers to find you
- Win against all odds in the ever-competitive real estate landscape.
Who is a real estate SEO expert?
A report from the National Association of Realtors explained that 44% of property buyers search online first for property listing before trying any other approach.
A real estate SEO expert is one who has mastered the art of positioning themselves to be seen by these buyers.
They incorporate SEO techniques into the real estate niche to be visible and accessible to anyone interested in buying or selling their property.
For instance, a buyer interested in landing properties in New York City will visit google and likely type the word “real estate properties in New York City”.
The result visible on the search result will be:
You see that?
The websites displayed on these search results are shortlisted in the top 10 because they’re intensely optimized by a real estate SEO expert.
So in short, an expert in SEO for real estate is one who incorporates keyword research, backlinks and other SEO strategies to get featured on the search engine result page.
The good news is you can become an expert in this field.
Let me quickly show you how.
How to become an expert in real estate SEO
Your site needs a mobile version
Statistics do not lie and show us that property buyers are searching more and more on their mobile devices.
And according to a survey - 74% of internet users use cell phones in at least one purchase stage.
Another figure shows that almost 52% of global internet traffic comes from mobile devices.
That is why your website must be prepared to receive visits from cell phones.
That means in your SEO strategy you want to focus on:
- Using responsive design: This allows you to adjust your website size to fit any device screen, whether iPhone, laptop, Android and others.
- Mobile-friendly Tool: To find out whether your website is mobile-friendly you might have to run your website on some tools which can easily help you identify issues on your websites.
- Page speed: visitors will get pissed off about your website if it fails to load within 2-3 seconds. So make sure to remove everything that can slow down the load time of your website.
- Focus on usability: make sure your website is user-friendly and easy to navigate. Make it easy for them to understand the structure of your website via their mobile devices.
- Tailor your content for Mobile devices: your website shouldn’t contain blocks of choking words. Make sure your paragraph has a maximum of 4 lines. Use bullet points, italicized texts and bold sentences wherever possible.
Optimize the website for local searches
The first step in a strategy SEO for real estate agents should be to optimize your website for local searches for potential customers.
As an SEO consultant knows very well the optimization of a portal is done by looking not so much at the search engine, but rather at the users, their needs, and their doubts.
You need to understand what queries can lead users to our website. In the case of a real estate agency website, in most cases, we are dealing with searches such as:
- [city] real estate agency
- [city] houses for sale
- [city] houses for rent
- [city] real estate agent
- [city] apartments for sale
These are sample keywords that you need to optimize your website for, with the creation of ad hoc content.
Also make sure you:
- Claim and validate all listings on local directories such as Yelp, Foursquare, Yellow Pages etc.
- Request for reviews from your customers for social and search engine profiles to help establish trust with potential buyers.
- Have the same business details, such as name, address and phone number, across all your online platforms, including Google My Business Listings, social media etc.
Create quality content
Users looking for a home online are not satisfied with a photograph and a price.
To attract their attention you need to accompany each new ad with a broad description, ranging from the narration of the building’s strong points to the presentation of the area that welcomes it.
All this, moreover, makes winning content even to the eyes of Google, which seeks quality text and rich in information.
Your website content should contain quality in-depth texts optimized for search engines, as well as meta description and title tags including the keyword.
When accessing your website in search of a new property, the user is looking for information about the services offered, contact form, company history and even information related to properties. So the more content you have, the better.
Using keywords in the title is one of the most important parts of SEO.
This improves, in addition to positioning in search engines, engagement with your readers, who find out that your content is exactly what they’re looking for.
There are many keyword research tools out there. The most popular ones include Ahrefs, Moz and SEMRush. But they’re also very expensive. For a cheaper alternative, try KeySearch, a cheap keyword research tool that starts at $17 per month.
Create a page for each property listing
By creating a page for each project, it can now get indexed by Google. You should also put a complete description of the home. This will be good for SEO and even more for visitors.
Insert many photos of the property, the recommended is 15 images per residence. Remember that, before inserting it on the air, you must rename the file, for example: “casa-sao-paulo-3-quarto.jpg”. This helps the image rank in Google Images.
Create engagement using photos and videos
Having quality photos is the basics for any successful ad. But why stick to the basics?
There is no excuse! Photos and videos are the main means of creating engagement on the internet, but this is even more true for a real estate website.
For real estate:
- Having quality photos and videos is the basics for any successful ad. Prospective buyers love to watch a video tour inside their future homes.
- Consider using panoramic videos of the surroundings and strengths of the neighbourhood. In addition to the video tour on the property itself.
Use social media to your favor
Before choosing which social network to focus on, do some research and find out where your customers are most socially active.
When it comes to reaching potential customers, social networks are a great way to start relationships or strengthen existing ones. A real estate agent with a strong presence on social media can interact with clients. The real estate sector is all about relationships.
When your potential customers know you and discover a healthy and professional presence on social media, it signals confidence.
Since photos and videos are essential in real estate, Instagram is a very useful platform for realtors.
On Facebook, use groups in your city or a specific niche.
For commercial real estate, developments or technical posts use LinkedIn and benefit from the authority of the social network.
Analyze traffic to understand your clients
Understand the behavior of users of your website and application to better evaluate the performance of marketing, content, products and more.
As we’ve mentioned in our article on content analytics, Google Analytics is a free service that helps you get the most value from your website.
With all that it has to offer, it certainly takes time to familiarize yourself with the platform and use it properly.
Google Analytics can help you improve your marketing, better serve your target audience and generate more customers.
Attract backlinks from authoritative portals
As is well known, Google gives a lot of importance to backlinks, which simply are incoming links to our website.
The links with greater value in the eyes of Google are those that come from quality portals, with good authority.
Therefore, within an SEO strategy for real estate agencies, the links to aspire to are those coming from important magazines in the sector, from local newspapers, or from portals that collect ads for the purchase of properties in an orderly and curated way.
Ways to improve real estate search engine traction to your listings.
Share your listings on social media
It seems like a no-brainer to have a business page on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter, since your network can easily share these listings through links and do a lot of work for you.
However, don’t overuse these mediums and come across as overtly commercial. Simply posting listings with no context can have the reverse effect and the likes and followers you have slowly built.
Promote on real estate aggregator sites
If you can’t beat them, join them. Sites like Trulia, Zillow and Homes.com receive millions of visitors a day and so the potential visibility for your listing is significant.
This comes at a cost since most of these sites will require a Pro account or a fee for promoted listings. A good tool to measure the quality of traffic from these sites is Google Analytics.
If these traffic sources consistently refer visitors that stick around on your site and/or convert into leads, then working this traffic source a little harder can be worthwhile.
Keep in mind that you are not the only broker receiving promotion on these sites, so loyalty to your brand might still not get established at the point someone views your listing.
Create a video tour of the property
The benefit of video tours is that you can gain search engine traction since videos are indexed.
Be sure to:
- Optimize the video title and description by including the address, MLS number and some keyword-rich copy.
- Include a link to the property detail view page on your site rather than just a link to your home page, so you are directing visitors to the relevant page instead of forcing them to search again for it on your site.
Property video tours can either be cheap or highly produced. If you’re selling a luxury property with a favorable commission, it is worth spending upfront to market the property in its best light.
If you put yourself in front of the camera to tour the viewer, then this can build even more trust, demonstrating to people that you know the property inside and out.
It’s also a good marketing strategy to capture other sellers looking to find a listing agent.
Blog about your real estate
Similar to using social media, your blog is a way to communicate less formally with site visitors, so avoid an overtly commercial blog strategy.
The SEO benefits of blog posts can help contribute to the listing’s search ranking and, in conjunction with a video tour and images, can add value that pushes up your rankings.
Create a single property website
This requires more effort and is more suited to luxury real estate.
The idea behind this is to create much more content around 1 listing to improve its search engine visibility and market a property to it’s fullest capacity.
While this has many benefits, this will not necessarily outperform a listing page on your website.
A single property website might earn more inbound links due to its URL and can be marketed in print more professionally.
Why hire us?
Embarque has a team of professional SEO content writers that are dedicated to helping you move your real estate from point A -B. Embark your projects with us and we’ll steer it to success.